While overseas

6. Before you return

Make sure you tie up all of your loose ends before you return home.


Contact host university International Office to finalise paperwork and to clarify what is required for an academic transcript to be issued.

Download a copy of your exam results. If there is any delay receiving your host university transcript, you may need to provide your UQ faculty with proof of the courses you have completed on exchange.

Pay any host university fines or bills. If these remain unpaid, many universities will withhold your academic transcript.

Finalise living arrangements

Make sure that you finalise living arrangement before you leave. This includes checking out of your accommodation and closing your host country's bank account.