Disney International Program
Defer a semester or year at UQ, or wait until post-graduation, and participate in the Disney International Program in Florida.
Spend five months to a year learning from a company that consistently sets trends in the entertainment and hospitality industries. Here, you'll gain valuable experience working directly with Disney leaders, create lifelong friendships with other cast members, and share your culture with people from across the globe.
This paid international work experience opportunity allows students the opportunity to learn from a company that consistently sets trends in the entertainment and hospitality industries.
- Earn real-world experience that will stand out on a C.V
- Learn business philosophies from a world-renowned company.
- Live with and meet people from all over the globe.
Gain leadership, business, and customer service knowledge from seasoned professionals at Walt Disney World® Resort. No matter your area of study there's a role that matches your interests, skills, and goals. From Character Performers to Costuming and from Vacation Planners to Front Desk Officers.
Find a role within the Disney International Program that suits you.
Program administration fees required upon application.
Accommodation is provided, at an additional cost, by the Disney Program.
Eligibility and application
Applications must meet the additional criteria outlined in the 'Special requirements' tab as well as meet Disney specific eligibility requirements. If you are a current UQ student, you must also apply to UQ Abroad, even if you intend to participate in the program after you've graduated.
Successful applicants must be present for an information session on Wednesday 3 May, as well as an interview with Disney on Thursday 4 May. Successful applicants will be notified via email of the information session time and location as well as their interview details.
Students who are interested in finding out more about the Disney International Program are encouraged to come to the Disney International Program Information Session with Alumni Q&A.
Current UQ students must apply through UQ Abroad to participate in the Disney International Program, even if they intend to have graduated before participating in the program. To be eligible to receive UQ Abroad support to participate in the Disney International Program, students will:
- Meet the published global experience Short Term Global Experience eligibility criteria with the following exemptions to the following:
- Students do not have to be currently enrolled and taking classes in a degree program at UQ.
- Students are not required to have a minimum of 2 units remaining in their degree program.
- Meet the published eligibility criteria for the Disney International Program.
- Students who have not yet graduated must have been enrolled, full-time (at least 6 units per semester) at UQ within the last 12 months (at the time of application).
BIHTM (single or dual) students are eligible for credit towards TOUR3009 Professional Development as approved by BEL Faculty for the below Collegiate Courses:
BEL Faculty students who enrolled in a non-honours Bachelor programs other than BIHTM i.e. BBusMan, BCom, BEcon may be eligible for credit towards #2 General Elective (TOUR3009 Professional Development), if undertake one major, as approved by BEL Faculty for the below Collegiate Courses:
- Disney Advanced Studies in Hospitality Management + Internship
- Disney Corporate Analysis + Internship
- Disney Corporate Communications + Internship
- Disney Creativity and Innovation + Internship
- Disney Human Resource Management + Internship
- Disney Organizational Leadership + Internship
UQ Abroad: 28 April 2017
Host: 28 April 2017
Start: August 2017
End: December 2017
Mode: Study abroad
Location: Florida, USA
Credit: For-credit or not-for-credit