The Careers Fair brings together UQ students and major employers from across the country.
Students are invited to attend the Fair to meet employers, each of whom will have their own booth and display area. For UQ students, the event offers a unique opportunity to meet face-to-face with leading employers from government and private industry.
The Careers Fair enables students to explore their career opportunities and obtain specific information about individual companies. In addition, a number of participants will be giving away useful information on finding employment, preparing resumes and performing well at job interviews.
UQ Careers Fair App
This app was created to help simplify the process of prepping for, and attending the UQ Careers Fair
Get a leg up in your careers fair prep and ease some of that stress with the following features:
- View the most up to date list of employers attending the fair
- Detailed information on each employer
- Ability to search for employers using filters
- Mark employers as favourites
- Find every employer's location on the floor
- Plan your visit by showing only your favourite employers on the floor
- Get tips on your appearance, elevator speech, and general approach
- Take notes during the fair, such as follow-up actions for each employer
How to prepare
If you want to make a good impression on an employer you should consider the following
Act the part
Before you attend you should dress in the appropriate attire including footwear and bags.
When you are at the event introduce yourself and use positive body language. Stand tall, firm handshake, good eye contact, be yourself and smile!
Find out which employers will be attending the event and do some research on the organisation and their industry.
From this research, you should then create a list of questions you can ask employers to demonstrate your interest.